Monday 16 May 2016

IHEANACHO NOT HAPPY WITH PELLEGRINI DEPARTURE, PRAISES THE COACH FOR PLAYING OPPORTUNITIES AT CITY

Iheanacho Not Happy With Pellegrini Departure, Praises The Coach For Playing Opportunities At City

Super Eagles forward, Kelechi Promise Iheanacho, has expressed that he is “not quite happy” with the departure of Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season.
Pellegrini was in charge of his last game at City on Sunday as Iheanacho scored his eighth league goal away at Swansea City in a 1-1 draw that ensured Champions League football for Manchester City next season.
The Chilean has given Iheanacho first team opportunities this season – his debut season as a senior – with the Nigerian justifying Pellegrini’s decision with 14 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions this season.


Pep Guardiola will be in charge of Manchester City from next season. Iheanacho has said that he will miss working with Pellegrini who took him on City’s pre-season tours in 2014 and 2015 and handed him a prominent role in the squad this season.
“I am not quite happy that he is going, but this is the football world and anything can happen,” he told reporters. “I just wish him good luck wherever he goes, and will be praying for him and hope to see the future.
“He is a special manager for me and has done great things in my life – he brought me into the first team, introducing me to work with the squad right from pre-season last year.
“I am happy for him, for everything he achieved with this team, and happy that he made me a part of it. I won’t forget him, no matter where he goes.
“He is popular with the players – he makes people happy when they work with him because he likes to play football.”
The 19-year-old also reminisces on last season and the lack of first team football due to lack of work permit but hopes to be much better next season.
“I have been playing and scoring goals this season, so it has been a huge difference to what happened to me last season.
“But next season I hope to be much better, and score more goals to help the team succeed in all the competitions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment